You have eczema if you exhibit the following conditions:
- Rashes on the skin in various parts of the body such as the face,torso,arms,feet,bends of elbows and behind the knees
- Bleeding from the small blisters appearing on the skin.
- Roughness on the skin.
- Pigment of the skin changes especially by darkening
- Thickening of the skin which also becomes scaly
- Patches on the skin which become dry and painful
- Later, the condition develops into other conditions such as impetigo
These are the general signs and symptoms of eczema. Children below six years as well as infants are affected by the skin condition with the commonest for of eczema being atopic dermatitis. Other forms of the debilitating skin condition include seborrhoeic eczema, contact dermatitis, irritant dermatitis, light sensitive dermatitis to name but a few.
There are some eczema natural treatment options available today. Although use of medical steroids, creams and lotions are effective, they are best complimented by the eczema natural treatment options.
Keeping healthy skin
Good hygiene is one way in which you can achieve eczema natural treatment. The skin needs to be regularly moisturised and lubricated in order to prevent eczema condition from getting worse. Dry skin is a precursor to getting eczema hence the need to keep the skin moist.
Avoid the sunburn
The energy from the sun is adequate to drain any moisture, leading to dryness. It is therefore advisable to keep off the sun so that you do not get the dryness, otherwise known as sunburn. You are also advised to apply sunscreen whenever you are out sunbathing.
Another of eczema natural treatment is the use of various hydrating lotions available in the market. Lotions not only hydrate the skin, but also prevent the moisture on the skin from escaping from the skin by forming a protective barrier.